Registration Information for 2023-24
Online Registration Portal
- Registration is a FREE process. If you do not have access to a computer, please call 732-400-5900 x1000 and someone will provide you with a space to complete the registration process. Our office is happy to help and we encourage you NOT to pay for an outside provider to assist you.
- If your child already attends Dunellen Public Schools, do NOT use this portal.
- Your application will be date and time stamped, and you can also have a confirmation of your registration emailed to you. There is no need to call the Registrar’s Office after registering online; the information goes directly to the staff. Once received, you will be contacted via email.
- NOTE: If you do not have your proofs of residency or health records, described below, you will NOT be allowed to register.
Requirements and Documentation
- Birth Certificate
- Current Physical Examination completed by a physician within the last year (Universal Child Health Record Form PDF below)
- Current immunization record
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Homeowners: current property tax bill, current mortgage statement or deed
- Renters: current lease (If you do not have a lease, an Affidavit of Residency (PDF below) must be submitted. This Affidavit must be completed by the owner of the home and be notarized.)
- In addition to the above, you must provide additional proof of residency such as PSE&G bill, cable bill, phone bill, driver's license, medical/insurance bill, bank statement or any documents that has the parent/guardian’s name with the Dunellen address
Students transferring from schools outside Dunellen must provide:
- transfer card
- a copy of their most recent report card
- most recent standardized test results
- for children receiving special educational services, a copy of the most recent documents (e.g. IEP [Individual Education Plan], 504 Plan, ELL/ESL)
- Complete and sign a Request for School Records (PDF below)
New Jersey Newcomers Information
If you are new to the state, please see the documents below: