Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Application Info
The Dunellen School District offers free and reduced meal prices for those families who qualify, which is determined by completing a free and reduced meal application.
For the 2022-2023 school year, the application will be available for completion online. This application is also used to determine eligibility for P-EBT benefits, and state funding. You must complete the online application to receive these benefits.
Please read the Letter to Parents for meal prices and general information on filling out the free and reduced meal application. The Letter to Parents is also available in Spanish .
Below is a direct link to the online application as well as step-by-step instructions to assist with the application process:
Free and Reduced Paper Applications and Application Guide
How to pay for your child's Meals
Dunellen School District offers Payschools for our parents to fund student cafeteria accounts.
- The meal process is automated for both parents and the school so errors are minimized and the process is standardized.
- Using Payschools there is not a chance of lost lunch money from home to the serving lines!
- Payments can be made by credit card 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the parents’ convenience.
- Payments can also be made by ACH (Electronic Check).
- Parents can review what their students are actually purchasing along with account balance information.
Cash or Check
During the school year, you may send a check or money order payable to “Dunellen Board of Education” in an envelope to the attention of the “Cafeteria”. For security reasons, we recommend that these payments be sent in one of these two forms. Please make sure you put the following information on the sealed envelope:
Child’s name - School Teacher & Grade - Amount of Money Enclosed
This envelope can be delivered to the cashier when paying for their meal during their breakfast or lunch period .
Welcome Back to School Notices
Cashless and Contactless Purchases
Attention: Parents with children having food allergies
The Dunellen School District is working with Maschio's Food Services to keep our students healthy and safe. If your child has food allergies, Maschio's can offer a substitute meal plan. Please visit our Support Page for Parents of Children with Allergies.